A Playhouse Company Product has the Following Guarantees
The product is guaranteed against structural and design defects for 2 years - This does not cover acts of vandalism, misuse or exceptional natural events.
Polycarbonate glazing sheet is guaranteed to be unbreakable for the life of the product.
Wooden products in an English climate will inevitably require a little maintenance to ensure that they remain in tip top condition, but provided the steps below are followed, we expect our wooden playhouses and treehouses to last for many years.
- Ensure that an air gap is maintained under the base and around all sides; check on an annual basis to ensure that there is not a build-up of debris.
- If decking becomes slippery in the wet this will be due to microscopic fungi on the surface and is easily washed off with a diluted bleach solution
- If small mould growth appears on the inside of your play structure, this will be due to lack of ventilation and the solution is to wipe down with a diluted bleach solution as soon as visible. It would also be advisable to provide some ventilation from time to time by ensuring that a door or window in the playhouse remains open to ensure a “through flow” of air.
- Regularly check edges and corners to ensure that knocks to the structure have not caused a splinter hazard, if that has occurred sand down with sandpaper and retreat the sanded area.
- The wood preservative and/or paint will need recoating every so often (the same type of time scale as your house) this does depend on the prevailing weather conditions but would typically be 2 - 4 years.