A lot goes in to your playhouse
We only build children’s playhouses and all our outdoor play houses are built individually by skilled craftsmen with years of experience in building children’s out door play structures. Because we have kept a close eye on your children’s outdoor play house from the moment we start to build we are able to ensure every part is built to the highest specification.
Click the letters on the image below to see more details.
We offer three different build options for you to choose from
Option 1 - Standard
Good quality redwood framework with rounded corners and good quality shiplap attached to the outside using galvanised brads.
Option 2 - Plywood lined
The advantage of this build is to give you a plain flat plywood surface on the inside; this is needed if you are thinking of painting the inside. It also has the additional weatherproof membrane between the layer of plywood and shiplap and gives extended usage of the playhouse.
Option 3 - Insulated and plywood lined
Includes all of the options 1 and 2, but with the addition of insulation in the walls, and finished off with skirting and architrave.
We are able to offer four different roof finishes.
High quality 38kg mineral felt over the top of base felt.
To give the appearance of tiles, these go over the base layer of felt.
Traditional roof finish in North America, Cedar shingles are fitted over the top of the felt.
Eternet artificial slate is fitted over the top of the felt, this looks just like a traditional slate roof.
Finish & Protection
All external areas are fully treated with two coats of Sadolin classic translucent timber protection or Sadolin superdec opaque timber protection
Floor & Damp Proofing
Tanolised bearers giving protection against rot for 15 years.
- Polythene damp proof layer to stop damp coming up into the playhouse.
- 18mm external plywood flooring.
Windows can be glazed or unglazed, opening or non-opening and in a variety of different shapes and sizes.
- All glazing uses 2mm polycarbonate sheet, this is clear and unbreakable.
- Opening windows have non trap hinges and brass window furniture.
- Shutters windows have two opening wooden shutters and are ideal for playing shops.
- Various shapes and sizes are available.
- Decorative false shutters are available to go on the outside.
Make the most of the inside of your playhouse, use staircases to give access to different levels, maybe add curtains, furniture or even a blackboard. Plenty more ideas in our options and extra catalogue.
Special Non-Trap Doors
- All doors are a special non trap design with a piano hinge.
- Doors are fitted with magnetic catch for safe play.
- Large ranges of sizes and styles.
- Doors and shutters are fitted with stained wooden knobs both inside and out.
Make use of the space around your playhouse. Why not incorporate a seating area.
A loose fill soft fall surface made from recycled tyres
Grooved tanolised timber, can be painted with a non slip paint
Manufactured from mixed conifer & pine bark. Totally natural
Soft fall tiles
Solid tiles giving a soft fall surface