Safety and Regulations
All our products are designed and built to be entirely safe. As a minimum we ensure full compliance with relevant regulations, principally:
EN71-1 children’s toys
All of the playhouse company products fully comply with all the relevant aspects of these regulations and also carry the CE mark.
In many respects we exceed these requirements on every child's playhous
We build in additional features.
Our safety criterion includes:
- All timber planed and hand sanded
- Rounded corners
- Specially designed non trap doors and opening windows
- Floor and roof external grade plywood
- Built from good quality redwood timber
- Roof finished with two layers of felt
- Screwed and pinned together using stainless steel screws and galvanised brads for additional strength
- Sadolin classic translucent timber protection or sadolin superdec opaque timber protection used on external parts
- Installed and checked over on site and left ready for use by our skilled staff.
Soft Fall Areas
Play equipment and platforms that involve children playing above certain heights need to take into account the surface that the child would fall onto, either deliberately or accidentally. The nature of this 'impact area' is dependant on its height and are detailed within EN1177 play area surfaces standards.
The main points are:
- Platforms over 600mm high need to have a barrier along the edge
- Topsoil or turf may be used as an impact absorbing surface on platforms up to 1 metre
- The impact absorbing surface can either be a loose fall material i.e. bark, woodchip, sand, shredded rubber or a liquid pour surface or tiles
- The depth of the impact absorbing surface is dependent on the height of the potential fall
- An additional advantage of an impact absorbing surface around your play equipment is that it gives an all-weather surface and does not get muddy during wet weather.
Rospa website - www.rospa.com